the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information;
- how we use the personal information which we hold;
- for how long we hold personal information; and
- the procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What Personal Information Do We Hold?
We hold the following personal information:
- computerised/electronic photographic images which you voluntarily provide to us;
- conventional photographic images (including, without limitation, photographic negatives) which you voluntarily provide to us;
- information which you voluntarily provide to us, via this website or otherwise (for example, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card information);
- information about you which we obtain from third parties and public sources;
- information about the products and services you order and your previous orders; and
- information about your use of this website.
For What Purposes Do We Hold & Use Personal Information?
We hold and use photographic images (including, without limitation, photographic negatives) and provide access to such images to the photographer who, or photography business which, took the relevant photographic image. This permits us to process new and repeat orders. The photographer who, or photography business which, took the relevant photographic image are likely to provide access to such photographic images to his, her or its relevant customer. We, however, only process and store photographic images as instructed by the photographer who, or photography business which, took that photographic image.]
We hold and use information which you provide to us for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes. In particular, holding payment information permits us to process new and repeat orders. Depending on the information which you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know at the address noted below.
We use information obtained by us through users visiting this website for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes and to personalise this website for each user.
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
- [we may, as noted above, provide access to photographic images to the photographer or photography business which took the relevant photographic image;]
- we may disclose your personal information to our suppliers for the purposes of enabling us and/or our suppliers to fulfil your order and/or provide any services which you have asked us to provide;
- we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- we may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
- we transmit credit/debit card information to the appropriate credit card company when we process payment for sales;
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers (names and addresses only in the latter case); and
- we may disclose information to other companies in our company group from time to time.
For How Long Do We Hold Personal Information?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What Procedures Do We Use To Protect Your Privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection in force in Scotland from time to time.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers or CD-ROMs held at the address noted below. We also hold tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information at the address noted below. From time to time, certain CD-ROMs or tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites (including those of photographers and photographic businesses). Equally, other websites may provide links to this website (including those of photographers and photographic businesses). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you which is held by us on payment of £10 (or such other sum as may be prescribed by law from time to time).
We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
Our Contact Details:
1 Drum Mains Park
Tel: +44 (0)845 519 5000
Fax: +44 (0)845 519 5001
Please note that, if you are under 18 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and obtain any necessary consent from him or her.
We operate a policy of 100% opt-in marketing. The contact details you provide (such as your telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address)
may be used by us to send you information about products and services. Your contact details may be provided to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Your contact details will only be used in this way if you have previously indicated your consent to receiving such messages.
You may opt-out from receiving such messages from us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject or by writing to the address above. Where you have consented to receiving such message from third parties you will need to contact those third parties to opt-out of receiving such messages from them.
All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain a statement
re-iterating these instructions as to how to opt-out.